This hybrid workshop is offered to all doctors interested in doctors’ health and/or see doctors/medical students as patients.
You can choose to either:
- participate online from work or home from anywhere in Australia, or
- join with us at a local face to face venue, meeting with local doctors' health colleagues with your local doctors' health service.
- being the doctors’ doctor, including self-care - the sustainable doctor,
- understanding burnout/moral injury,
- supporting rural doctors,
- understanding mandatory reporting, and
- managing the suicidal doctor.
The workshop will be facilitated by the Doctors’ Health Alliance and offered via hybrid with an option for you to meet face to face hosted by a local doctors’ health services or you can join online.
Face to face locations and hosts are:
- Adelaide (Doctors' Health SA)
- Perth (Doctors Health Advisory Service Western Australia)
- Hobart (DRS4DRS Tasmania)
- Melbourne (Victorian Doctors Health Program)
- Sydney (Doctors' Health NSW), and
- Canberra (DRS4DRS ACT)
The program has been written by the Planning Committee including:
- Dr Margaret Kay AM, General Practitioner and Senior Lecturer, Faculty of Medicine, UQ
- Dr Kathryn Hutt, Medical Director, Doctors' Health NSW
- Dr Roger Sexton AM, Chair, Doctors' Health Alliance & Medical Director, Doctors' Health SA
- Individual presentations are prepared by the speaker as listed on the program
A copy of the program is here.
An online workbook with relevant resources will also be provided to all registered participants.
To register and purchase either an online ticket, or a face to face ticket at your nearest 'workshop hub' at a local doctors' health service click here.
For more information about the program and/or bookings contact Doctors' Health Alliance email firstname.lastname@example.org
Share details about the workshop with colleagues by downloading the flyer here.
CPD POINTS & CERTIFICATE
**A Certification of Completion will be provided to all participants who attend this National workshop.
***CPD - We encourage you to record your own CPD for this Forum in your CPD home - 1 hour of Education Activities and 3 hours of Reviewing Performance activities for this workshop. If you also complete the 2 hr online modules, then you can also claim these as additional CPD time.
- Identify strategies for self-care.
- Understanding how to be a doctors' GP.
- Recognise the barriers that doctors experience when accessing formal health care.
- Learn more about burnout, moral injury and PTSD and their impact in medicine.
- Deepen your understanding about mandatory notification (inc. the difference in WA).
- Learn about rural doctors' health - barriers and impact of workplaces.
- Evaluate and manage suicide risk when the patient is a doctor.
- Gain strategies for supporting doctors, accessing resources and knowing how to connect with your local doctors' health service for ongoing support.
Options for Pre-Workshop Preparation
We encourage you to complete the module “Doctors for Doctors training” before or after this workshop – this is the link to the workshop - https://training.drs4drs.com.au/login/index.php (if you have already completed before no need to do again)
Prior to the session ‘Suicidal doctor’ we encourage you to view a session from the Australasian Doctors’ Health Conference “Confronting the ‘truth’ about suicide and challenging the myths” presented by Psychiatrist, Dr Rachel Gibbons, view here - https://vimeo.com/manage/videos/844482541
Email email@example.com if you are interested in attending this workshop.
Photo of Medical Directors of doctors' health services:
Dr Edwin Whiteside, New Zealand Doctors' Health
Dr Marjorie Cross, DRS4DRS ACT
Dr Bronwyn Carson, Doctors' Health NT
Dr Helen Wilcox, Doctors Health Advisory Service WA
Dr Jennifer Schafer, Doctors' Health Queensland
Dr Patrick Johnson, Victorian Doctors' Health Program
Dr Kathryn Hutt, Doctors' Health NSW
Dr Annette Barratt, DRS4DRS Tasmania